WIGXJPF library and program
WIGXJPF evaluates Wigner 3j, 6j and 9j symbols
accurately using prime factorisation and multi-word integer
- Scientific software, program package
- Program: C. Library interfaces: C, Fortran, Python
- WIGXJPF is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.
WIGXJPF is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
License along with WIGXJPF. If not, see
- Main developer
- Håkan T. Johansson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Nuclear theory and few-body physics group, Chalmers University of
- The research leading to these results has received funding from
the European Research Council under the European Community's Seventh
Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) / ERC grant agreement
no. 240603, and the Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation
in Research and Higher Education (STINT, IG2012-5158).
- The recommended way to refer to WIGXJPF, when used for computations that are
published in a research article, is to cite the following paper:
H. T. Johansson and C. Forssén,
Fast and Accurate Evaluation of Wigner 3j,
6j, and 9j Symbols Using Prime Factorization and Multiword Integer
SIAM J. Sci. Comput.,
Pre-print (2015) at arXiv:1504.08329
- Håkan T. Johansson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Christian
- 1.9 (CHANGELOG)
- No formal support
- Library for fast lookup:
(If your program uses very many symbols;
trades memory for speed - factor 10+.)
See README (included with download).
A short slide-show presentation.
Some usage statistics.
Latest version link
- Symbol evaluation
- Symbols can be generated directly from the command-line after download and unpacking (half integer arguments are given on decimal form, e.g. ½ as 0.5):
- C interface usage
- Compile with -Ipath-to-wigxjpf/inc/ and link with
-Lpath-to-wigxjpf/lib/ -lwigxjpf (note that the
evaluation functions take 2* the angular momenta arguments as integers).
val6j = wig6jj(2* 2 , 2* 2 , 2* 1 ,
2* 2, 2* 1 , 2* 1 );
To avoid version numbers in directory name, unpack with:
tar --transform 's/wigxjpf-[0-9.]*/wigxjpf/' -zxf wigxjpf-latest.tar.gz
Last modified: Thu Aug 9 10:15:20 CET 2018 /body>